Thanks for booking with us at Climb Quest. Below is some useful information to help your visit to us go as smoothly as possible.
BEFORE YOU COME TO THE CENTRE
- Our capacity means that we can only have a certain number of climbers per session, so it's always best to book online.
- You only need to book for climbers. Your ticket covers all of the walls, but if you’d like to have a turn on the Vertical Drop Slide or Stairway to Heaven, these are an extra £2.50 each. You can buy this online or in the centre.
- For all of our sessions apart from Little Rockers, climbers need to be at least 4 years old. For Little Rockers, climbers should be at least 2 years old, and 12kg in weight.
- Before you come, please fill in your safety waiver.
ACCOMPANYING ADULTS AND NON-CLIMBERS
- Climbers who are under 13 years old need to have an over 18-year old present in the centre at all times. Unaccompanied children will not be allowed to climb and will lose their session.
- If one parent or guardian is bringing multiple children, some of whom are not their own, that adult is responsible for the whole group.
- We have our Climbing Team to help climbers on the arena, and we find that most climbers over the age of 8 can work our Belaymate system themselves.
- To help our Climbing Team get around and do their job of helping climbers, we limit the number of non-climbing adults on the arena. We have limited spaces per session, and we prioritise adults with children between 4 and 6, children with additional needs or adults with very nervous climbers. All non-climbing adults that go onto the arena need to attend our safety briefing so they understand the rules of the arena, and have a hi-vis vest for their climbing session. Entry to the arena for non-climbers is at the discretion of the Duty Manager.
- Please don’t go onto the arena if you don’t have to. Photos are great from up on the mezzanine, plus you can relax with something from our Base Camp Café. By limiting the number of people on the arena, our team are able to get around climbers in need to help them much more easily.
- For our Little Rockers and SEND sessions, one adult can come onto the arena per climber, to give them a helping hand.
- Everyone who is climbing needs to have a safety waiver on our system.
- Climbers who are 15 or under need to have an over 18-year old to sign their waiver for them. The adult information is asked for first, and then click to ‘Add a minor’.
- If you are 16 and above, you can fill out your own waiver.
- Our standard waivers are valid for 12 months, so if you book again with the email you used on your waiver, we will automatically have your waiver.
- We also have 24 hour waivers that can be used if you are signing for someone on a temporary, short-term basis.
- Click here to fill in a waiver.
CLOTHES AND SHOES TO WEAR
- Loose fitting clothes are recommended.
- Only closed toe shoes are allowed.
- Please keep jewellery to a minimum. We do have the facility to safely secure jewellery if required.
- Please do not wear open-toed shoes, sandals, flip flops, wellies, rock climbing shoes or hoodies when climbing.
IT’S THE DAY OF YOUR CLIMB!
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your session. Please have your booking reference or the name on your booking ready. We will check your waivers are completed, and check you in. Your safety briefing starts at the time on your booking.
- There are 1,339 free parking spaces, including parent & toddler and disabled spaces, at The Kingston Centre.
YOUR CLIMBING SESSION
- If you’re booked on a 90 minute session: the first 30 minutes will comprise of your safety briefing and harness fitting in our briefing room. This is then followed by 55 minutes in the Arena and 5 minutes where we collect the harnesses and usher you back to the café/viewing area.
- If you’re booked on a 60 minute session: your safety briefing will take place the start of your session (normally around 15 minutes) and then you can climb for the rest of your session.
- If you have booked an exclusive climbing hire, please be aware that there may be other members of the public in the building, but not on the arena with you.
GETTING READY TO CLIMB
- We will ask all climbers and anyone going onto the climbing arena to attend the safety briefing. Our instructors will help you with your harness to make sure it is on safely.
BEING IN THE CENTRE
- We accept card or cash for payment. We accept Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards (but not American Express).
- If you would like to use a locker, please bring £1 with you. This is returned to you.
- Come and treat yourself at our café. You can buy hot and cold drinks, slushies (of course!) and a range of cakes, snacks and delicious handmade pizzas.
- You can pre-order your slush to be ready for the end of your session when you make your booking, and when you are in the centre.
- We believe in inclusion at Climb Quest and will always endeavour to help any individual or group with special requirements to participate.
- We have a disabled hoist to help climbers that need extra assistance on our walls.
- Please contact the centre to discuss any special requirements you have.
Photos and social media
- Parents / Guardians are welcome to take photos of their friends and family at this facility. Climb Quest cannot be held responsible for photos taken and used by members of the public.
- Climb Quest promote their business via the following Social Media channels, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Should you wish to be excluded from any marketing activities please notify a member of staff prior to your climbing session.
- Climbing sessions: For standard climbing bookings you can cancel or amend your booking up to 48hrs in advance of your booking date and get a full refund or a gift voucher.
- Birthday parties and exclusive climbing sessions: To cancel your entire party or to reduce the booking size by more than 2 climbers, we require a minimum of 7 days' notice in order to issue a refund. You can cancel up to 2 climbers up to 48 hours before your party, and you will be given either a refund or gift voucher.